bachelorette gifts

My sister is getting married a little later this year, and as her sister I have lots of planning to do. One of the big events will be a bachelorette party along with bachelorette gifts. We'll probably have a little shindig at my house, followed by some sort of gallavanting thereafter. I have a feeling her bachelorette gifts will lean towards the naughty and the risque to make her good and embarrassed and put on the spot in a way only a sister can orchestrate.

Some ideas for bachelorette gifts that we will likely bestow upon her include: all sorts of jellies and powders and creams and sprays to enhance her love life, teeny tiny items of material that resemble dental floss and yet are meant for wearing, and of course some heftier items including a lightweight whip, and maybe a pair of handcuffs for good measure. Most of these bachelorette gifts will be meant as pranks and jokes, however, I'm sure she will also receive some valuable items including lingerie, bath items and possibly some actual items that the happy couple can enjoy together.

I've had to buy bachelorette gifts in the past. One of the funniest bachelorette gifts I ever purchased was a cardboard carton called 'Make-out Take-out' which contained a variety of naughty toys and gags. The actual carton was similar to the old-style Chinese food cartons, and it really made for a novel bachelorette gift.

I doubt we will include strippers in our evening. The bachelorette gifts will be naughty and good for a laugh, but none of us are likely to go so far as to create a potential problem for the couple. Marriage is pretty serious business - it's okay to lighten things up a bit - but we're of the opinion that including strippers (even as a joke) is going too far and it undermines the seriousness of marriage.

Even still, we love a good joke, and I quite look forward to terrorizing my sister will all manner crazy, risque and off-the-wall bachelorette gifts. After all, she is my sister and part of my job is to embarrass her and get her laughing. We have many close friends who will also be dying to get in on the action. I have no doubt that the bachelorette gifts that they purchase will be right out-on-a-limb and we will have an evening full of laughter, embarrassment and fun. My sister is nearly 29 and she has waited a long time to find just the right guy to marry. We are all very relieved that the big day if coming up quickly. This should be a bachelorette party and a pile of bachelorette gifts to remember for a good long while!

0 comments: